Download PDF here: Resume2016
References available upon request.
Premier Media Group, Greater Seattle Area
Digital Content Producer, July 2014– Present
• Manage all aspects of 425Business.com, including content planning, writing, editing, and publishing daily content.
• Compile and publish weekday newsletters for 425 Business magazine.
• Source and edit photos for web as needed.
• Pitch, report, and write articles for 425 Business magazine print edition.
• Assign and manage freelance writers on projects as assigned by editor in chief.
• Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest accounts for three magazine brands including 425 magazine and South Sound magazine.
• Plan and execute social media campaigns with little oversight and direction by editors.
• Report digital analytics and analysis to publisher and editors in chief monthly.
Ketchikan Daily News, Ketchikan, Alaska
Reporter, May 2013 – June 2014
• Cover education and community arts beats, including event coverage, features, business and breaking news. Page design twice a week.
Social News Network, University of Utah
Social Media Editor, Jan. – May 2014
• Operated Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Tumblr for class-run news dissemination brand. Searched the Internet for news to share with target demographic, and kept track of analytics, growth and engagement.
Daily Utah Chronicle, University of Utah
News Editor, Jan. – May 2013, Assistant News Editor, May 2012 – Dec. 2013
• Assigned and edited articles for daily publication. Wrote an average of two articles per week, covering university administration and student interest and a blog every other week. Also completed payroll for nine reporters and attended daily editorial meetings.
• As a part-time reporter, I reported and wrote news assignments, including breaking news, campus events, science and research, and student interest.
Wasatch Magazine, University of Utah
Asst. Editor, Sept. 2012 – May 2013
• Assisted in launching a new publication, including collaborating on print and web design, content and potential contributors. Contributed monthly by reporting and writing features, profiles and service copy.
Local First Utah, Salt Lake City
Social Media Intern, June – Dec. 2012
• Developed and implemented a new social media strategy and daily editorial content calendar. Presented social media strategy and results in monthly marketing board meetings.
• VaccineNewsDaily.com, September 2013 – June 2014
• BioPrepWatch.com, Sept. – June 2014
• Salt Lake Tribune, Close Up Section, June– Aug. 2012
• Student Innovation Report, Technology Development Center, University of Utah, Feb. 2013
Pepsi Beverages Company, Salt Lake City, Dec. 2004 – May 2012
• Warehouse Operations Specialist – Maintained raw material supplier for bottle and can production lines, including planning preparing and ordering materials for limited-time flavors.
• Customer Service Representative – Received incoming calls from customers regarding orders and delivery. Coordinated with delivery teams to deliver emergency product, fix vending machines and resolve customer issues. Conducted monthly safety training for delivery teams.
University of Utah, B.S. Mass Communications, May 2013
American River College, Sacramento, Calif., A.A. Liberal Arts, Dec. 2004
• Extensive experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest, and Storify, including analytics.
• Proficient with multiple CMS including WordPress, Blogger, and Typepad
• Experience with Adobe InCopy, InDesign, Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, and Quark
• Experience with HTML and CSS
• Mark of Excellence, Society of Professional Journalists – Utah Chapter, 2014 – breaking news
• Mark of Excellence, Society of Professional Journalists – Utah Chapter, 2014 – feature